May 20, 2014 at BCHS, 7 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Budget Planning Calendar
Please join us and offer your input on BCSD budget issues. All meetings will be held in the BCHS Library & Media Center.
• February 26, 7 p.m.:Presentation of proposed 2014-15 budget. Focus on Transportation, bus replacement plan, fringes, insurance, debt service. Discussion and tentative decisions.
• March 5, 7 p.m.:Special Education, Technology, revenue. Discussion and tentative decisions.
• March 19, 7 p.m.:Operations and Maintenance, Athletics. Discussion and tentative decisions.
• April 2, 7 p.m.:K-12 instructional staffing and programming. Discussion and tentative decisions.
• April 22, 7 p.m.:Budget discussion and final decisions; budget adoption.
• May 7, 7 p.m.:Budget Hearing
• May 20, 7 a.m.-9 p.m.:Budget Vote, BCHS
• May 21, 7 p.m.:Board of Education meeting
Did you know?
That 2% you’ve been hearing so much about
is only a small part of the so-called “Tax Cap
Law.” In reality, it’s just one part of an eight-step formula that determines the maximum allowable tax levy the school district can pass with a simple majority. Click here to read more about the "tax cap."
Budget gap, "tax cap" among items discussed at Feb. 15 forum
About 70 community members and 30 online participants joined the Board of Education on Wednesday, Feb. 15, for a 2012-13 school budget forum.
Officials spoke of the district's estimated $4.4 million budget gap, the implications of the state's "tax cap," the rising cost of salaries and benefits and a shortfall in state aid.
The District's next community budget forum will be held on Tuesday, Feb. 28. The meeting begins at 7 p.m. in the middle school Library Media Center. If you cannot attend the meeting, but would like to participate online, click here.
Douglas' note on becoming involved in the budget process